Dental Intraoral X-Ray Unit Compliance Test
Intraoral x-ray units registered in Western Australia must undergo compliance testing once every 3 years. This is a legal requirement under the Radiation Safety Act (WA) 1975.
We test all makes of intraoral x-ray units including Planmeca, Sirona, Acteon, Belmont, KaVo, Carestream and more. All types of machines can be assessed such as fixed (conventional), mobile or portable systems; with film, phosphor or solid state imaging receptors.
What is included
Our convenient and affordable compliance testing service includes everything that you need to meet the regulatory requirements.
- Attendance of a medical physicist to your clinic at the agreed time to conduct the testing.
- Review of the test results by a Qualified Expert.
- Submission of all certificates/notices and documentation to the WA Radiological Council on your behalf.
- Proof of certification – Physical and electronic certificate and test report sent to you.
- Reminders when the unit is next due for compliance testing.
The total price for a compliance assessment is $250 + GST for a single intraoral x-ray unit.
A discount of 20% off the total price applies when 2 or more compliance tests are booked for the same session.
In most cases the compliance test of an intraoral x-ray unit takes around 45 minutes on average. However, please allow up to 60 minutes per unit to ensure that testing can be completed.
Please allow 24 hours for the issuance of a certificate of compliance / notice and test reports.
We evaluation the following aspects of equipment safety and performance in accordance with the criteria set by the WA Radiological Council.
- X-Ray Beam Size, Alignment and Source to Skin Distance
- Tube Voltage Accuracy
- Timer Accuracy
- Radiation Output and Output Linearity
- Half Value Layer
- Tube Housing Assembly Leakage
- Typical Bitewing Dose
Make a booking
Please contact us to book the compliance testing of your intraoral x-ray equipment today.