Dental OPG X-Ray Unit Compliance Test
OPG x-ray units registered in Western Australia must undergo compliance testing once every 3 years. This is a requirement under the Radiation Safety Act (WA) 1975.
We test all brands of OPG x-ray units including Carestream, Planmeca, Sirona, Acteon, KaVo and more.
Included in this category are 2D panoramic units, cephalometric units and combined panoramic/cephalometric systems.
What is included
Our convenient and affordable compliance testing service includes everything that you need to meet the regulatory requirements.
- Attendance of a medical physicist to your clinic at the agreed time to conduct the testing.
- Review of the test results by a Qualified Expert.
- Submission of all certificates/notices and documentation to the WA Radiological Council on your behalf.
- Proof of certification – Physical and electronic certificate and test report sent to you.
- Reminders when the unit is next due for compliance testing.
The total price for a compliance assessment is $280 + GST for an OPG unit.
A discount of 20% off the total price applies when 2 or more compliance tests are booked for the same session.
Compliance testing of an OPG x-ray unit takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes on average. However, please allow up to 1 hour and 30 minutes per unit to ensure that testing can be completed.
Please allow 24 hours for the issuance of a certificate of compliance / notice and test reports.
We evaluate the following aspects of equipment safety and performance in accordance with the criteria set by the WA Radiological Council.
- X-Ray Beam Size, Alignment and Source to Skin Distance
- Tube Voltage Accuracy
- Timer Accuracy
- Radiation Output and Output Linearity
- Half Value Layer
- Tube Housing Assembly Leakage
Make a booking
Please contact us to book the compliance testing of your OPG x-ray equipment today.